Monday, December 25, 2006

Fast Eddies Tour in Nov

Well, this post is long overdue.

I hadn't practice like I wanted, so I went to the tournament on Saturday and practiced for hours on the nine foot table in the middle of the room. Tony played in the main event (men's division) and so did my friend, Cristina.

Here is the story: http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=3967

Suffice it to say, I didn't place well. I got a bye and then played Terry Petrosino. I was running out beautifully the first game and didn't want to get on the rail for the 8ball. Well, I didn't get on the rail! Instead, I got straight in and needed to be on the other end of the table soon for the 9 ball. I completely hit it WAY too hard (instead of a smooth stroke) and missed the 8-ball. She ran out. After that, I remember just being frustrated that I wasn't playing well. I was very frustrated - upset my safes weren't good and also not making balls and pretty much selling out to someone who was capitalizing on all my mistakes. Terry did play very good. I lost 4-7.

My dear friend Sharon Davis played and I watched her next two matches. She's a doll!

I then played Michelle Ram. She had just lost a heartbreaker hill-hill match to Kyu Yi and then defeated my friend Sharon. ;( Michelle broke and ran the first rack on me! She was playing good. I don't know what happened after that, though, but I told myself to just play good. I wanted to play good. Then I won 5-1. I took my time more in that match, and I guess that helped.

I also played Michelle Abernathy. She was playing better than I've seen her play, but I was playing good and won 5-3, I think.

I then played Helen Hayes and she was capitalizing on my mistakes, and it felt like the first match with Terry - I was rushing, selling out, and not playing good, and extremely frustrated. Helen was playing good, though - she ended up in 3rd place. I think I got 9th? Out of 24 women maybe?

No comments: