Friday, February 2, 2018

Three Generations

Back in December when I was sparring with my friend Tina, I noticed two guys come into the pool room, and then a kid with them.  They got a rack of balls and went to the non-smoking side.  I saw a couple of pool cases they were carrying, too.

I wondered if they were Grandpa, Dad, and Son.

After Tina and I were finished, I told her to hold on and then I went up to them and asked if they were related.  And sure enough they were three generations!  I noticed Tina behind me, watching proudly as I took their photo.

Here they are, Dad, son, and Grandpa: three generations of pool players!




1 comment:

Juan P. said...

This is exactly how my grandfather, dad, and I were in the late 90's & early 2000's. We'd all go to a pool room and just play. One of the last memories I have of my grandfather at a pool room was when he was about 82 in a wheelchair. He asked to play a few games w/ me so dad wheeled him up to the table. I racked for him, and he stood up and broke softly. He made one ball, and proceeded to pick apart the rack like a surgeon. For each shot, he'd wheel over to the shot, stand up slowly, and the object ball would hit center pocket. I racked again, and this time he broke them a little harder. With a better spread, he ran out and made it look so easy. One last rack, and he ran out again. After 3 games, he got tired so I threw in the towel. LOL. It was so amazing to watch him play so good at that age, and he was having a blast the entire time. Good times!