Friday, February 20, 2015

Pool Life Versus Family Life

A friend of mine put this on Facebook the other day and tagged myself and one of my girlfriends:



While it is funny, I didn't really like it and I untagged myself.  I mentioned it to my friend and she said she felt the same way, and that she had untagged herself as well.

I think if her and I were in our 20s, this might make us laugh and we would agree.

But now that we are in our 40s and have had many successes with pool, we do not agree with this funny poster.

To open my heart up to you readers, I would gladly never pick up a cue again from this point forward if I could find a great man to marry who loves me deeply and is my true love.  As for my friend, she has YEARNED for kids her whole life.  And she doesn't have any.  So, she would also give up the stick easily to have a kid (or kids) in her life.

Is it because we are older?  Is it because we have already had big accomplishments in pool?  People change with time and age yes.  While pool is important to her and I, I recently skipped a big LOCAL ladies tour stop to do something out of my element and something new.  And it was amazing!  (I saw a public speaker who changed my thoughts about peace and happiness).  And I know she has skipped events because she would rather not be in a smokey pool room all day, either, and would rather do things that were beneficial to her health.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change anything in my life AT ALL.  I have great, GREAT friends and am very blessed because pool has brought them into my life.

And if our future spouses played pool, we would obviously still play.  But I am saying we would easily stop today for a great family.  In a heart beat.

Some people played pool, then got a family, then started to play pool again after time.  Or some played their whole life with a family.

Everyone is different.

Everyone's life is different.

This is ours.









1 comment:

TimKrazyMon said...

You're in your 40's? I'm calling shenanigans. You look like you still get carded buying alcohol. 40's? No.