Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Unknown

I have played on my ladies Thursday league for at least 3 years now.  Everyone seems to know me or I know them.

So imagine my surprise when I played 2 weeks ago and I shook my opponents' hand and said good luck and she leans in and says, "What is your name?"

"Melinda, "  I shared.

"Good game, Melinda."

"You, too," as I walk to break.

I'm more used to people saying to me that I don't know, "I know who you are,  Melinda.  I know you are going to kick my a$$," as I walk away wondering how they know me and why they would say that.  Lol.

I broke dry and then she missed her second ball.  I took my time to see the layout, saw my run, and ran out well.

I went to shake her hand and she says surprised, "Wow, you play really good.  Nice out you had there."

Awwww, she was so sweet!


No comments: