Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Playing for a Handicap

I mentioned I played in a little 8ball tourney last Wednesday, and it never fails how an outing provides blog material (which I love, btw).

I was set to play one of the bartenders who wasn't working behind the bar that night and had the evening off.  Up until this point, I had no idea he even played pool.

He comes up to me and says, "What would my ranking be on the Omega Tour?"

I reply, "I have no idea, never seen you play.  Who do you play like so we can figure it out?"

He mentions a couple of names and I inform him he would a 6 on the tour.  (the tour handicap system ranks from 5 to 9).

He then tells me very matter-of-factly, "When we play, if you win I get moved down to a 5."

WAIT A MINUTE!

"Then you'll dump!" I exclaim.  "No way, Dude."

He than adds, "how about this.  If I beat you, then move me to a 7."

LOL.

"No," I say, shaking my head.  "You are a 6 if I win, or if you win."

"Nope," he informs me laughing, "we' re playing for my handicap."

OMG LOL.

I have a heard a million things to play for in my 20+ years of playing pool.  I have been offered to play for drinks, for table time, for money (of course), to see if he can beat girl, for pride, etc.  Even asked a few times to play for sexual favors, if the guy is stupid enough to ask and think that would work.  But never for anyone's handicap setting lol.

It was a very close match (I am a 6) and after a couple of mistakes by both of us, I ended up barely winning, and he strutted away, smiling real big, being all funny, "now I'mma fiiiiiive."

LOL


No comments: