Sunday, July 6, 2014

Reviewing Straight Pool Videos

A friend of mine is going to the Straight pool tournament in New York in the beginning of August.  I offered to let him borrow some of my favorite straight pool videos, so he can study and maybe it will help him be more prepared.

Since I have JUST started to play straight pool at the house again, after I found the videos, I decided to watch three of them this weekend before I handed the bunch over to my friend.

I LOVE these videos and highly recommend them if you get a chance to buy them or view them.

First:

Pat Fleming's Break Shots, instructional video.

Second:

Pat Fleming's Key Balls, instructional video.



BOTH videos can be found at this link on Accustats.com.   These two videos are EXCEPTIONAL for reviews for break shots and key balls - prolly the most important points of straight pool.  I actually watched each video twice this weekend.

Third:

Phil Capelle's Break Shots DVD (it also comes with a book).  Another great resource to watch and learn from about break shots.


I'm glad I offered the videos, or else I wouldn't have watched them.  And now I know they will help me do better in my renewed interest in straight pool (for the moment, lol).  It's amazing how helpful they were - I had forgotten most of the important tips and pointers and I know reviewing these will help me improve my high runs!


No comments: