Saturday, September 6, 2014

I Don't Like to Look Ahead

I've said over and over in my blog and to friends that I don't like to look at the brackets of any tourney I am in.  Heck, I don't even like to think about future events, much less what the bracket shows in a current event I'm playing in.

I just don't want to see where I'm at because it kinda forces me to think ahead.



Like, "oh if i win this I'll be in the hotseat" or "dang if i win this match I have to play the pro in the tourney,  " or, "If I win this I'm guaranteed 5th and in the money!"

So yeah,  I just don't like to look.

During the BCAPL Nationals, my scotchs doubles partner and I were updating each other on our progress in the singles tourney off and on.  The first two days it was either "I won another, or "lost that one."

On the 3rd day he asks me if I'm in the money.  I tell him, "I don't know, I don't like to look. "

He tells me I would have a voucher printed on the score sheet that would tell me.

I told him, "but I'm still winning so I don't have a voucher yet."

He then says after awhile,  "I just checked and you're 3 rounds into the money."

Omfg, really?

Really??

I replied, " I really don't like to know those things..... that's why I dont look ahead."

"Oops, sorry " He says back.

Lol.  Ugh.

Please don't tell me anything... anyone...


No comments: