Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pool Tips from a Friend

I asked permission before I shared these, and my friend said yes.  Lucky us!  This is from a fellow pool player/friend who has great knowledge of the game:

------------

Was just reading your blog and enjoying your writings there...

Been a little while and just wanted to say hello and say thanks for sharing all your thoughts and heart felt feelings..

As I have stated before, I do enjoy reading about all you have to say and feel. You are such a giver and caretaker.

Hey, I also wanted to share some pool things with you as well...
I know you really love pool and the pursuit of perfection with the game..

Rafael Martinez----Most amateur players have a crooked stroke and that is why they do not play like a pro...they do not hit the ball where they really want to and therefore they miss the ball or miss position too...

He says to hold the cue very lightly on most all shots...I mean very LIGHTLY...."like when your mother played that little game with you when you were a child and you had to drop those cloths pins from high above into the jar that was on the floor and you were standing on a chair....very light like that...

Jim Rempe--  The game is best played in regards to position of the cue ball...Always try to be at least within a shafts length of your next ball....you can be a farther away if the object ball is mostly hanging in the hole or very close to the pocket...However, if the object ball is say 1 diamond or farther from the pocket, then you really need to be within a shafts length for position on the ball...

Dan Louie--- World Champ..
Determination...."When I was playing my best and was beating all the best in the world, I had the mindset that I just had to win...second place was just not good enough...I HAD TO WIN AND WIN ONLY....Be DETERMINED  and always give it your best effort in all areas of the game..."

Buddy Hall---DEAD STROKE.... When a player is in dead stroke, he is only thinking about one thing....SPEED...all other things are already on automatic and already taken care of ....SPEED IS ALL YOU WILL BE THINKING ABOUT....(basically how hard you will hit the cue ball..)

Ok...hope you like these and you probably already know but who knows and just wanted to share with you cuz your are worthy of it for sure...

Your friend in pool .. Jeffrey

No comments: