Monday, July 18, 2016

Age and Muscle Memory

It's always interesting to hear from players why they think they don't play like they used to.  

One of the Omega Tour players shared with me his take, and I was quite taken aback by his comment.

He asked me, "I wonder if I'm just too old?"

I was surprised he said that.  Most people don't really share those type of inside thoughts.  Especially to someone who isn't a good friend lol.

If I had to guess, he's prolly in his late 50s or early 60s.  

And then he added, "I used to play 20 years ago and I played pretty good.  And now I'm back at it for the last couple years and I really think my muscle memory is just not as good as it used to be."

That is a very interesting concept he had, and I'm glad he explained further his thoughts about age.  

And I wonder if indeed it is true.  



No comments: