Friday, May 22, 2015

Male BackTalk

It always amazing me how guys talk shit to each other.  I hear it every once in a while and every time I do, I'm kinda stunned.

As I wrote about before, women just don't do this.  We are careful not to point out flaws or poke fun at our fellow female friends.  It's just not something we do. 

Men on the other hand, they speak what's on their mind to another guy, even if it's a stab or jab or rude.  I have witnessed that most men hardly ever respond or react, they just take the words, accept it, or joke back.  Not many feelings are hurt, is what I mean I guess.  Whereas if females were to jab at each other, one would prolly go off crying or another would never speak to that female again.  We are just wired differently.

At league on Tuesday, our star player missed an easy shot in the side pocket.  One of the teammates on the OTHER team said, "Wow, how did you miss that?"

Another one said, "That's your star player, I never thought he'd miss a shot like that."

And then a few more comments ensued.

I was pretty surprised.  My teammate just sat there and watched his opponent run out and then shook his hand.

He never replied, he never shot back with words, he didn't argue back or anything.

I did see him go outside, and when he came back in he confided he had to step outside or else he would have said something.  He was upset and he mumbled, "I bet none want to play after league, do they."  But I know he wasn't seriously wondering, he was more reacting to their harsh words.

It may not seem harsh, but I was a bystander and I felt the embarrassment and rudeness of the words they said out loud and I admit I was shocked they said all that.

I just cannot see females doing that.  We might be thinking it, but we would never state out loud how bad someone is playing, lol.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi just been reading through you're blog and it's been very entertaining. It's funny because this is the norm for our team. We've been playing league together for quite some time and the more one of our guys miss the more we get on them about it. We all enjoy it. However we never say anything to an opposing team unless we know that individual well