Tuesday, March 14, 2017

McLlroy Quote About Leads

From August 2014, during the PGA Championship:   Rory McIlroy (Professional golfer) comments we can all learn from:

"Look, I went into protection mode once in my career, and it was the 2011 Masters," he said. "That didn't work out very well. So I said to myself, 'I'll never do that again.'"
Comfortable now with the lead, he said his game plan for the weekend was to try to put as much distance between him and his pursuers as he possibly could. 
"If I'm two ahead, I'm going to try to get three ahead. And if I'm three ahead, I'm going to try to get four ahead. And if I'm four ahead, I'm going to try to get five ahead," McIlroy said. "I'm just going to try to keep the pedal down and get as many ahead as possible."

Reminds me of something I read YEARS ago in a magazine when Jeanette Lee said her goal going into every match was to defeat her opponents 7-0.

Both of these players are sharing a signification insight with us - their great mentality of a killer instinct.  Further, both players think this way before they even step foot in the arena or on the golf course. They think of these things ahead of time - major killer instinct, baby.


No comments: