Tuesday, February 16, 2016

No Leagues and Tax Benefit

As I mentioned several times already I have quit all my leagues.  I have also already stated how much I really enjoy not going to league, not having that commitment, and being able to do what I want to do any night of the week whenever I want to!

There's less drama, I'm spending less money, not staying out late, not around smoke all night.... I could go on and on.

And then I got reminded of another great reason why I'm glad I'm no longer in league: I got two MISC-1099's in the mail at the end of January for my cute little tax return for this year.

I have to say it's going to be super nice next year not having to worry about if I make over $600 at a big tournament and get a MISC-1099 later they will affect my tax return amount.

I'm actually really, really looking forward to not having that count against my return.  :)

Ahhh, more benefits.  :)



(And yes, I know you can claim the hotels and airfares and entry fees, but not for as many years as I have been doing so as an amateur)

No comments: