Saturday, August 1, 2015

Celebrations

I shared before how when I came home after being crowned a 3-time National ACS Champion last year, that I was depressed and very alone.  I had no one to share my accomplishments with and it was quite sobering.

Fast forward a year later and my friend Kimmy placed 2nd in that same ACS 9 Ball tourney I had won the previous year.  I was SO happy for her!

Although she was among friends, her boyfriend was not there with her.  After she came home, and started back at work, he sent her flowers to congratulate her!  It was one of the sweetest things I think I ever saw!  He lived out of state and was still "celebrating" with her and congratulating with her with flowers.  It really touched me and I thought it was super, super sweet.

Before I even got home from BCAPL Nationals this week, my friend Courtney said she wanted to have dinner to celebrate.  I admit, I cried when I read the text.  It meant SO much!

We met up last night at Pappadeaux:


I hardly ever see my friend Courtney anymore because I don't have my Sunday league and am slowing down on my Thursday league.  So, it was cool to have dinner and talk about my 5th place and to catch up about her family, and for her to even think of getting together to celebrate.

:)

No comments: