Monday, July 8, 2013

What Is This Practice You Speak Of?

On Friday night, I ventured to one of the local pool rooms where my boyfriend had a match.

I watched them spar (and learned from these two good players), but they only played two sets and decided to stop.

All of the tables around us were taken and being played on, but theirs remained unused, lonely, with only a few balls left on it.

I had brought my cue in (I despise leaving my cue/case in the car due to thieves) and there it was, also lonely, leaning next to me, against my chair.

My friends were all drinking and I was the designated driver this night.  But that was a HUGE bonus for me!  Since I don't (can't, lol) play pool and drink at the same time, this was a great opportunity to hit balls by myself; to practice well.

I asked if the table was free for us still and was told yes. 

I quickly took my cues out, and proceeded to swiftly walk to the table; I was excited!

With my two leagues on hiatus, no recent weekly or weekend tourneys, I was SO excited to be able to hit balls!  I don't practice hardly at all anyway, and with BCAPL Nationals literally around the corner, I was super stoked at this opportunity!

I practiced 9 ball for almost two full hours by myself.  It felt so wonderful.  :)

I was surrounded by weekend warriors so they either got in my way a lot, were ball bangers, or were drinking a lot and didn't even notice me, lol. 

It felt so awesome to practice.  I didn't stroke enough at times, but glad to be aware of that going into a big tourney.  The practice was definitely quality.  :)


No comments: