Friday, July 19, 2013

No Free Pool

I'm not the most moral person in the world; I have swiped a few salt shakers when I was a poor person in college, or lifted some gum as a child (which my Mom made me return when she caught me chewing "something," grabbing my arm and scolding me to the grocery store manager, lol), but when it comes to table time, I'm kinda a bitch about it.

For some reason, when players find malfunctioned coin tables at national or state tourneys for instance, the info spreads like wild fire.

"Hey," they whisper, "Table 49 in the back doesn't need coins; you can hit balls for free."

When I hear this, do I don't walk to the free table?  Lol, no!  I walk around to where the TD is and tell them Table 49 is broken.


I also don't like people practicing for free at pool rooms.

When a tournament is winding down for the night, players think they are being clever and sneaky by walking over to an empty table and hitting balls.

Really?

As a TD, you don't think I know we are only using two tables now at this point in the tournament?

When I see players doing this (who aren't in the tournament anymore), I either pick up the balls and rack them up, or I ask the barkeep if they can pick up the balls.

I don't know why these two things bother me most, esp since I really am not the most pristine person in the world.

But, these irk me. Mooches.

No comments: