Thursday, December 20, 2012

Refresher Blog Entries

I wrote a couple of months ago that I noticed a little something in a friends game and pointing it out to her one night, with just a couple of games of playing 8 ball.

She's on my league team and the other day she made an 8ball in the side and we all clapped for her win and then she told me as she walked to her chair, "It's because of you!"  Pointing at me.

I was like, "I didn't do anything. What are you talking about?"

She laughed and said again, "you know what you did."
 
I retorted, "I said nothing about side pocket shots."

"Yea, but telling me about the importance of a smooth stroke and not whacking at balls has made the side pockets easier.  And therefore I'm much more confident trying to make balls in the side. I used to never try for balls in the side pockets, I'd always go down the rail to the far pocket,"  she shared.

I told her, "Yea, if you "whack" at a ball into the side pocket, yes, mostly likely you will miss it. Side pockets are tricky when hitting balls too hard."

Then she confided, "you know, I re-read that blog entry that you wrote about. "

"Oh yea?  Which one?" I asked

"The one about me, even tho it doesn't say my name."

"Really?  Cool."  :)

I had no idea she re-read it. I thought maybe she read it once and that was it.  Instead, I think she re-reads it to help remind herself how critical and helpful the smooth stroke is.

I told her I started my blog as my own personal pool diary to help me remember things and also to reminiscence.  I love re-reading entries in my blog - there is so much to this game (physical and mental aspects), that reminders are key b/c the information is so vast. 

And I fully admit after re-reading tips, I am like, "Oh yea, I forgot about that.  Good reminder!"
 
I was so tickled to hear she re-reads that entry about herself :)


No comments: