Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hand Made Glove

I always like going to the 24 hour pool room to watch my boyfriend gamble.  Last night he played for 10 hours straight.  We came up winner this time, which always feels good.  He played real good and was ahead right away but then it went back and forth before finally winning the final set ten hours later.

They played from 430pm to 130am.  When we first arrived at the pool room, only a few tables were taken by the afternoon delights who wanted to get out of the heat and spend some quality time with their friends.  Come 9pm to midnight, tho, the crowd certainly changed from the day weenies to the "let's go out and get drunk and let me show you I can play pool" crowd.

But, I don't mind the clientele at all and usually I find some photo opportunity for my blog.  ;)

Tonight was no exception.  The guys to the left of my boyfriends' table were kinda oblivious to the match next to them.  One of our friends tried to explain to them to be aware if they get in the way because they were gambling next to them.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"For Money?"

"Yes."

"Like how much?"

"A few hundred."

"No Way!"

"Yes... "

So, they tried to stay out of the way after that.  But then one guy caught my eye.  He was using a napkin in his bridge hand!

To some people they may laugh at the guy, but not I.  I was impressed!  Here is this weekend warrior that recognized the house cue was sticky and the cue would flow better through his hands if he used a napkin.

I grabbed my phone to snap a few photos to capture this smart guy!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I've never thought about using a napkin! Very innovative! Thanks for capturing this!

Unknown said...

Hey, that's cool. Although, I think it would bug me trying to use it. Any port in a storm, I guess.

But enough of that. Now for the important question. Where is the 24 hour pool hall? (I live in Dallas)

Melinda said...

Thank for the comments, Guys!

Mark - Rusty's Billiards in Arlington is the 24 hour pool room. :)