Friday, March 5, 2010

ACS

Found out a week ago the new league I am playing on is dual-sanctioned. Saaweeeet! I haven't been on a dual-sanctioned league before. This means I can play in both BCAPL and ACS tournaments. Hmmm... more events, more tourneys, more opportunities!

So, I moseyed on over to the ACS website and they of course have a National Tourney, too, just like the BCAPL. :) I was told I might be listed as a "standard" player, because I hadn't cashed yet in any ACS tourney (because I hadn't played in an ACS tourney yet). A Standard player would race to 4, an Open Player would race to 4 or 5 and a Master player would race to 7 in the women's divisions.

Then I read closer and it says a "cashed" is not just for ACS tourneys, but also BCA and VNEA. Makes sense, but I was a little bummed, lol.

So, I would be an Open player. Right? Well, wrong there, too! I happened to check their Master list and I'm listed as a Master! Argh.

So, I contacted the ACS and I am to call them and talk about my latest finishes, because I am no longer designated a Master Player with the BCAPL, but that doesn't mean they don't think I should be a Master Player.

While I was super excited about a possible National Tournament I was eligible for, I noticed it falls on the weekend of a close regional tourney just an hour from my house. Hmm... decisions decisions. And if I am designated as a Master Player, is it worth me going? Hmm...

Still.... potential opportunities are always exciting!

No comments: