Sunday, May 7, 2017

Paying it Forward With not Talking

One of the highlights of having an Omega tour stop at JR Pockets in Denton, Texas is because I get to run into a fan of my blog!  I love it because my friend usually shares which articles he likes best.

And this past weekend was no exception.

He shared that he still enjoys reading my blog and then specifically pointed out one blog entry that helped him and his friends.

He was referring to the blog topic about not realizing you have been talking during matches, which is a distraction to your opponents.


David Bond and I also spoke about this on American Billiard Radio, he entitled it, Are You Rude?

So, my friend tells me sure enough he had been talking during this matches and didn't even realize it. So, during his next night out playing pool, he was playing against a guy he always spars with, and he was trying not to talk.

His friend noticed.  "Dude, everything okay?

"Yes," he said.  "I'm just trying not to talk as much; don't want to be a distraction."  The guy looked at him funny and said, "Good point.  I'm not going to talk as much either."

Paying it forward is the best compliment and I am tickled that this awareness is now being practiced and passed on to others!


No comments: