Saturday, May 6, 2017

Interview with Fred Pankey!

Oh what fun I had interviewing Fred!  He's only 96 years young.  Funny guy who not only has his wits about him, but still goes to the pool room to hang out with his friends and shoot some pool.

Yes.

Seriously.

Here is the article in the April edition of Billiard Buzz: https://issuu.com/azbilliards/docs/billiard_buzz_05_17_7/12

https://issuu.com/azbilliards/docs/billiard_buzz_05_17_7/12

I had mentioned in another post that it has always been my dream to do interviews. Well, this proves how long this dream has been on my mind:  I still have the notes from the first time I sat down with Fred.... when he was 87 years old!  9 years ago, wow!


I called him to get further clarification on my scribble before typing up this interview and he was shocked I still had my notes. It was fun to reminisce with him again.

It's either pretty cool I kept these notes because I had always envisioned/dreamed of still doing the interview with Fred, or proves I was a hoarder, lol.  I'm kidding... the dream was always alive, just needed the right time and platform (Billiard Buzz).

So glad he finally got his story in an online billiard magazine, not just my little blog - he deserved more attention!   Army vet from WWII and lived through the Great Depression.  Pretty wild, huh?

No comments: