Monday, June 27, 2016

Shooting Terminology

My boss plays golf pretty often - at least 2-4 times a month.  When he can, he will leave work a little early using his vacation time, to hit the links to get some good time in on the golf course.

His son came into town from college and he mentioned he was going to leave work early on Friday to go shoot.

So, as the afternoon came, I heard him getting ready to leave. 

"You going to play gold today?"

...mumble mumble...." shoot"

I asked from my office through the wall towards him, "What?"

He replies a little louder, "we are going shooting."

"Golf?"

"No...shooting."

I asked intrigued, "Shooting what?"  Since it's not golf, is he shooting pool with his college son??

"No, we are shooting guns..... at the gun range."

"Oh!  Well, hell you have to be more specific about 'shooting' when talking to a pool player."  LOL




No comments: