I am no longer on any leagues and prefer that right now, but I have sparred with a few people and have really yearned to not only do that, but have enjoyed it as well.
For those who do not know what I'm talking about, I was ready to quit playing pool and focus on others areas of my life (some still with pool, some not).
- Well, I ended up gambling one night. Really had fun.
- Gave lessons the next night. Loved it.
- The next weekend I played in the OB Cues Ladies Tour and placed 3rd (WOW!).
- Two weeks later I'm itching to play and spar with a friend for about 4 hours on a Diamond bar table.
- Next weekend I spar with another friend for 3 hours on a 9-foot table.
- This weekend I might play in bar table 8-ball tourney
Looks like I'm not done with this pool playing thing yet! :)
I admit though, I'm loving not playing league! It's so nice to be able to make dinner plans with friends and not have to play every single week. There is definitely a lot of freedom to that that I am enjoying.
Fun photo from one of the days I played:
Chris Fields (JAM-up player) and I, along with photo-bomber, Keith.