Sunday, June 14, 2015

Straight Stroke Still

I mentioned in a previous post that I was put in the box while out of state recently.

An older gentleman was watching us play, and I saw him leave for the night as the night went on.  He seemed nice and quiet.

The next day, my Partner in Crime (PIC) saw him at the pool room in the afternoon.  They were talking about the night before and he singled me out (after he said we both played better than the people we had gambled with).

He said, "your girl really plays good."

He replies, "she does, doesn't she?"

The guy continued, "She stroked really well and she stayed down.  She had a straight stoke, too.  I tried to tell the guys to watch her because she didn't move when she was down on her shots."

WOW!

I consider this SUCH a great compliment because I have worked on it for some many years and to know it's still there after not playing much the last few months really ticked me!

I was glad my PIC shared all that with me.  He could have kept it to himself, but he did not.  Really meant a lot the guy said something to him about my fundamentals.  :)




No comments: