Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thank You PoolBallRacks.com!

I went to league a few weeks ago and my captain walks in with this large cardboard box.

She sets it down on one of the tables and I don't think anything of it.

A teammate comes over to me and says, "Hey, uh, what's in the box?"

"Um, I have no idea, why are you asking me?" I inquire.

She whispers, "Because it was mailed to you."

Wait.

What?

She states again, "It is for you.  It was mailed here."

I objected, "no it wasn't, I saw Nina walk in with the box."

"No, it was mailed to Diamond Jim's, and Nina works there so she brought it to league tonight for you."

Hmmm...

A big box.

For me??

Mailed to Diamond Jim's?

I move the box to my table and it is SUPER light.  I'm thinking, wth is in this huge box that is not heavy?

I open up the box and it's mostly bubble-wrap, lol, BUT, wrapped up well is a beautiful, custom made rack!



And prolly the best letter I have ever received!  Click to enlarge:



Ms. Melinda Bailey, Captain
Team Born Ready
In care of 
Diamond Jim's

Dear Captain Bailey,

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate you and Team Born Ready on its recent 1st Place Finish in the Women's Open of the BCAPL's 2013 National Tournament.

Winning such a prestigious national tournament must be the culmination of a lot of practice, perseverance, skill, and much hard work.  You and the team are no doubt proud of this accomplishment.

To mark this occasion, please accept a small congratulatory gift that I hope you and Team Born Ready might find useful and will serve as a reminder of the level of excellence that Team Born Ready has achieved.

Best Regards,
Jim Shaw



I saw that the letter head was from PoolBallRacks.com and that they are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  I immediately got on Facebook and announced my enthusiasm and surprise, and tagged all my teammates of Born Ready!

Pretty bad ass!!! Our team got a surprise gift for winning first place in Nationals! An awesome wooden rack from Jim at Poolballracks.com! Photo and blog to come later, but here is the super cool letter! Hope to meet Him sometime soon!

Even as I write this blog entry 3-4 weeks later, I'm still in shock and awe!  The letter was beautiful written, the thoughtfulness was amazing, and I'm still so happy we were even thought of to receive this awesome gift!

Thank you so much, Jim!!!






No comments: