Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nixed

As I stated before, I contemplated going to ACS Nationals, then decided to go!

I would fly out exactly two weeks after coming home from my ten day jaunt to Vegas for BCAPL. I still thought it would be cool, though - I love Vegas and it would be another chance at a title tourney!

However, after my third morning in Vegas at BCAPL, I was in bed reminiscing about the last three days (still on Texas time and wide awake in the mornings!), and I decided I really should not come back for ACS. I was having too much fun with friends and knew only 2% of my friends would be there for ACS. I also gave away a sickening match the night before and knew that I still wasn't mentally prepared for going after the ACS title tournament. Further, if the ACS was a few months down the road, I could see myself going, but being gone almost 2 full weeks outta 4 away from my Mom was not something I looked forward to.

Turns out my decision a week ago was the right one - maybe a sign? After exploratory surgery yesterday, we found out my Mom's sister (her only living relative) who lives in Illinois (we live in Texas) has advanced stomach cancer and it cannot be removed. I therefore need to be home right now while my Mom contemplates her worries and concerns.

Maybe ACS Nationals next year? It's going to be held the week before BCAPL, instead of two weeks after. Hmm...

Please say a prayer for my Mom and her sister if you so inclined to praying. Thank you.

No comments: