Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bar Table Tourney Essential - Token Holder

When playing in big bar table tournaments (like for BCAPL State or BCAPL Nationals), one needs to carry around a lot of tokens/coins all week/weekend. I don't like to carry the tokens loose in my pockets (can't play pool with things in my pockets) and I don't like them loose in my purse or cue case (tough to dig blindly trying to grab a token all the time).

I tried the m&m holders many years back, but tokens didn't fit in them; quarters yes, tokens no.
My FAVORITE solution is the Coin Holder that Samm Diep has for sell on her online store. It is large enough to fit BCA/Diamond tokens! Here is a pic of it:


You can go to her website and order it today before you go to Vegas! $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00. I checked with Samm and she can ship up until May 10th (that's when she herself leaves for Vegas).

HOWEVER! You can also buy these IN Vegas! :) There are three vendors that will be at the BCAPL Nationals that will have them for sale:
  • Omega,
  • Frank's Center, and
  • PoolDawg.
I bought mine a few years ago at my friend Mike's booth, Omega Billiards. P.S. I don't leave home without it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Prescription medication containers also make great quarter and token holders. I also like them because the tops lock on and can't open accidently in your bag.

Melinda said...

I've tried those, too. But everyone then looks at me funny when I pull them out during my match. Wait, maybe that could distract them! ;)

Johnny said...

I've been looking for something to hold quarters for my bar-table league. It hadn't even occurred to me try some of those options. I think the Airborne containers are about the size of a quarter, gotta check that out, otherwise Samm to the rescue (again)!

Samm said...

Thanks for the plug! I forgot to mention, my coinholders also fit chalk. :)

See ya next week!