Friday, July 27, 2018

Enjoying League Again

A few friends of mine have confided in me that they are dreading league because there is some drama going on.  Whether that's from players arriving late consistently, people not getting along, players getting jealous and acting up, or people not agreeing with the captain - the pulse is the same:  they aren't having fun at league and dreading going.

Every time my friends vent to me, I just smile inside and am grateful I don't have to deal with all that anymore.  It kinda reinforces my decision to not play pool.

HOWEVER!

"Oh, here comes the howevers…." you are thinking lol

However, there have been a couple of recent instances where some friends have shared they are actually enjoying pool again.

Wait, what?

Turns out, they are no longer feeling pressure and therefore they are having fun again!  They have joined teams that are about having fun, and not about trying to be in first place.  Further (and most importantly), they no longer HAVE to show up to play league, no longer feel pressure to win, and no longer have teammates that are getting on to them if they happen to lose a match.

I admit, it was a nice change of pace to hear some GOOD news about leagues and my friends renewed joy again in playing the game we all love.  :)


No comments: