Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Top Players Have Pressure, Too

Katniss of Project Hunger Games has already, in just two weeks of being part of the blog, has cross-pollinated with The Danielson Series!

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about Danielson's confidence increasing because he's found himself in a new position lately - as one of the best players on his new league.

Katniss read the blog entry and shared she really liked the topic. I told her, "I thought of you too, actually.  Because you help some of your teammates and also because you are a top player in your league - so you have the same feelings of confidence because of those things, right?"

She said, "Yes ma'am." (she's so polite lol), but also shared, "But in my case I feel pressure at times, also.  Because everyone thinks so highly of my game, I feel pressure sometimes keeping up my performance at that level all the time.  That's not possible, though, and so I looked at that as a failure and take it harder than anyone else."

I shared with her I used to also have the same feelings of positiveness and pressure at the same.  Although we gain confidence, being a top player can definitely lead to pressure, too.

It is actually really weird dynamics to have confidence, but also feel all on eyes are on us which adds pressure, lol.

Katniss added, though, something really awesome: "But over time, I have learned that with each bad performance is an opportunity for a great come back to show my peers that I too am human and can have bad days.  It's all part of the learning process.  :)  "

I was so pleased and happy to hear she sees some of the tough times as a learning experience because that is one of the best tools in our toolbox!

I'm so glad she's a great learner and see's such positiveness out of it all.  :)


No comments: