Friday, January 13, 2017

Help From The Arnold

Arnold Schwarzenegger that is.

I wrote a week or so ago about how making mistakes helps us become more successful.  I was dissecting Colin Powell's quote:  "There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." 

If one really looks at my statement about "making mistakes helps us become winners," it seems awfully negative, right?  It's actually been bothering me what I said.  Even though it's true, I wanted to talk about it more and try to explain it more.

And then I came across this great quote last night that kinda seals what I was tried to get across:

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

I think this explains it even better.

Here's to the mistakes we make!  No, no, no.  What I mean is, if we make mistakes or if we come in 2nd place, or if we lose because of emotions, we learn from each of those things.  And we carry those over to our next tournament.  We remember.  We learn.  We don't give up.


No comments: