Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sold My Pool Table - What Does That Mean?

I sold my pool table on Tuesday to a fellow player, and her and her husband are VERY excited about getting a table in their new house!

I posted on Facebook that the table was for sale back in October.  I posted about it again in January and then again in early March.

This week I got the sale.  (yay!)

But, I have been VERY surprised at the responses and questions from people.

So, I thought I would explain why I sold my table.

First of all, I had a 9-foot table for about a year in 2012/2013 but had to sell it in August 2013 due to a break up.

I was able to get my hands on a good deal for this oversize 8-foot Brunswick Century pool table just a few months later in December 2013.  So, I nabbed it:



I will be very honest and say that I never get tables for myself.  I know from experience I don't hit balls or practice on my home tables (I had one in 1999 and barely used it that year).

Bottom line why I sold it:  I don't play pool on my home table, so why keep it?

So......
  • I am not changing interests.
  • I'm not selling my house.
  • I'm not low on money.
  • I just want my living room back.
  • And, it was WASTED space.

I'm still perplexed why so many people were asking all these questions about why it was such a big deal I was trying to sell my table.  It doesn't really mean anything except I don't use it, so why keep it?

I'll let someone else enjoy that beautiful table!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfectly sensible, also exactly why I didn't buy it... I just don't see myself practicing at home.... Glad you found a good home for it...!