Sunday, April 12, 2015

My National Ranking Angst

As I mentioned already, I played in the BCAPL Texas state tournament this past week and weekend.

It's amazing to me how many people complained to my face and also behind my back, and even on social media about my "open" player BCAPL ranking.

Some people are taking is very personal that I'm not an advanced player and I do not know why they are getting upset with me. When in fact, I do not control how national BCAPL ranks their members.

I have not finished well enough in Vegas at nationals to be rated an advanced or master player yet.

Who knows, maybe this year will be my year to place well enough in singles in Vegas at Nationals for BCAPL and then I will be moved up automatically, and naturally.

But for now I am an open player.  And for the few that defended me, I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm out here trying to play my little heart out and play the best that I can under the circumstances of my personal life.  I have a few successes, and instead of people being happy for me, they are bringing me down. All because of a nationally ranked ranking that I have no control over.

I see more haters and drama in competition the last few years and I have to say, it makes the wins less special.

Don’t get me wrong, I'm very proud (and a bit surprised!) of myself for winning scotch doubles and placing second in singles this week!  Just tough to fade some of the negative comments, when in fact I'm just trying to survive in this tough life, while also playing pool.


No comments: