Friday, March 6, 2015

Playing Pool Tired

I mentioned I played in a scotch doubles tournament and the my friend Amanda and her partner won it at around 4 in the morning.

At one point, they had to wait on a very long match and I could tell they were getting tired.  When they finally got to play (this was about 1:30 am), her partner was making some unusual mistakes.  I brought up to them that at this point in the tourney, it was who is less tired that would do better. 

And I suggested they drink cold water or go outside for fresh, cold air.


He quipped at me, "I'll go outside after we win."

I thought to myself,  "you may not get that chance...if you DON'T GO NOW."  Yes, I was little perturbed because I was trying to help!


But just talking about it helped and they eventually won hill-hill to move on to another tough match.  Her partner did go outside before the next match and I was happy he finally did because they really needed to get themselves pumped up from waiting around for so long and playing all day.  We had been there since about 10:30am and it was 2 am. ...

If you ever see someone missing all of a sudden, see if they need some water or maybe to get some fresh air.  Sometimes we don't know that we are tired or dehydrated.

No comments: