Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Scotch Doubles BCAPL Texas State Hiccup

Well, this is such sad news for my scotch doubles partner, Marty Jones, and I:

(click photo to enlarge:)


The reason why is, I decided not to play anymore in my Sunday league (for many reasons), and that was the league Marty plays out of.  The BCAPL Texas State tourney allowed players to play together in scotch doubles, even if you didn't play in the same league.  As long as you both played in a BCAPL league AND in Texas, you could play together.

I admit that when they made this changed a few years ago, I wasn't very happy about it.  I thought it was unfair that a good player from Dallas (for example) could play with a good player from say Austin, San Antonio, or Houston.  While the rest of us were putting in time in the same league.

Then, when I was making the decision not to play on Sundays, I figured, "well, this wont affect scotch at State, so that's cool."

And they JUST made this change on Monday.  MONDAY!  And the entry fee is due THIS Friday.  So, they literally made this last minute change.

There are three (3) main reason why this change affects me personally:  (1), I am only playing on a ladies-only league.  I quit my other two leagues.  Now this is becoming very painful that I made that decision.  In other words, I have NO ONE I can play with because the only league I play on is women only.  (2), Marty and I will not be able to DEFEND our title!  Oh, I am so BUMMED!  (3), playing scotch always got me ready for singles.  Ugh, so many personal impacts.

Life goes on, I know, but this change affects a lot of teams that were planning on playing together, I am hearing.  I actually think it's a good rule, but it just happened ti bite me in the butt this year, lol.

UPDATE!  After I posted this, they had listened to the many comments the received and changed the rule BACK!  Whew.






No comments: