Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pool Table Music Box

I mentioned in my previous blog that many people have pool-related items in their house.... and I have a couple I wanted to share with you that are unique.

Here is the second one (click photos to enlarge):




The detail is pretty amazing!

Cute little mice all over the pool table - in the rack, in pockets, drinking beer, shooting pool with their little cuesticks.  There are also balls in the pockets. 

It's a music box and it's also animated.  The mouse in the pocket goes up and down, the mouse with the cue turns, and the rack sways back and forth swinging the couple.

Movers have moved this music box of mine from Texas to Florida and back and so unfortunately many pieces are actually broken from it (yep, I cried when I noticed).  This is over 18 years old and I have no idea where I even bought it at the time.  But it sure is amazing!

Update:

Links from a friend:

Turns out it's an Enesco Music Box that's very rare, and was made in 1995. It was part of the 1995 Enesco Small World of Music Collection, and the model # is 581275.




No comments: