Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Team, Hurt Feelings

One might think it's pretty freaking awesome to put together a new team.  The players on the team are elated and stoked!  It's awesome, really!

But, what I have witnessed lately is nothing but heartbreak.

I have seen the players who didn't get asked to be on a new team feeling left out, hurt, offended even. 

It's really a sad thing to see.

It's also a sad thing to hear later.  Why didn't you pick me?  Do you not think I play good enough?  Why wouldn't you ask me to join the team? 

I have witnessed this recently more than once and it broke my heart. 

It's so weird because the people asked to be on the new team(s) are all excited, pleasantly surprised, and elated!  But the ones who didn't get asked, look and feel physically hurt.  You can see it in their eyes and on their faces.

Breaks me heart, really. 


No comments: