Monday, December 16, 2013

First Time For Everything... Getting the Line

At the small tourney I wrote about before that I went to out of state in late November, even though I signed up as "Melinda," my b/f would say out loud, "Nice shot, Trigger!" after some good shots.  People at the tourney were confused - was my name Melinda or Trigger?  lol.  But I shared that "Trigger" was just my nickname.

Anyway, the guy I played for 3rd said if his wife wasn't sick at home, that he and her would like to play scotch doubles with my boyfriend and I.

Wow, Really?  Bring it!

After how well I played in the tourney, I was surprised he would even offer that, lol, but that told me maybe his wife played well, also.  But, I also knew that we would still win.  lol.  How's that for confidence!?

We had to leave the next morning, so my b/f got their phone #.

My b/f contacted them during the week to coordinate the discussion and all of a sudden they guy tells us he and his wife won't play us after all.

What??

He says, "I was drunk when I said that."

So he counters, "well, then just play my girl some." 

"No, can't do that either."

"Why not?"

"We looked her up.  She plays good!  Trigger/Melinda/From Texas."

I couldn't believe it - my first time someone looked me up to get a line on me!!  LMAO.



No comments: