Tuesday, February 7, 2012

ReThinking Streaming

Phil Capelle sent me a note after I wrote a blog entry where I shared I don't care to watch pool streamed online anymore.  He begged, "I hope you reconsider!"

Turns out, I was a tad bit wrong and a tad bit correct in my blog entry.  I said I wouldn't pay to watch the streams anymore (that's still true), and I said if I had time on the weekends, I *might* watch straight pool, but even if someone famous was on, I could care less.

Well, Inside Pool streamed live at the Derby City tournament in January --> and proved me wrong! 

My dear online/forum friend, Bob (aka CMBWSU) posted on Facebook that Bill Incardona was gambling at pocket, and it was being streamed free by InsidePool.  Billy!?  Omg, I was stocked.  The one person out of three in the entire world I asked for one pocket lessons (he turned me down, but I still asked!).  I was very excited to watch him gamble at one pocket.  And, it was free!

Then Bob posted that Jeanette Lee was gambling on the stream.  Jeanette Lee gambled a LOT last year at Derby, but she was never on the stream because of some rule the WPBA had with its Players and streaming.  While I'm not entirely sure why she was able to be on a stream this year, I enjoyed watching her play.  She's talented and can work a crowd.  She also played some straight pool (although she didn't do very well in that tourney) but it was cool to watch such a mainstream "star" gamble. 


Then, I was in for even MORE of a treat when they had numerous straight pool challenge matches on the free stream! I saw the most talented straight pool players on the planet compete in a tourney of my new favorite pool game.  There I was at night, during the day, whenever I could watching the free stream, in awe of the straight pool matches (which is the one game I mentioned I would love to watch on streams).  Darren Appleton, Ralf Souquet, Alex Pagulayan , Neils F, John Schmidt, Johnny Archer, etc.

So, turns out if the stream is FREE and there is gambling matches and/or straight pool competition and/or interesting players on, I *will* watch streams.

There you go, Phil! 

P.S.  A HUGE thank you to Inside Pool for streaming the event live and free for so many days for the fans.  Thank you!

3 comments:

TimKrazyMon said...

Glad to see you changed your mind. Btw, best of luck at the USBTC.

Melinda said...

Thank you, Tim!!

Phil Capelle said...

I'm happy to hear that you changed your mind. Like you, I am selective about streaming. For example, I watched the Swanson with the sound off while the Super Bowl was on. And, when they moved to a table where the players blocked the view of some of their shots, I gave up and went to sleep.