Thursday, July 14, 2011

Can't Just Wish and Hope

My new straight pool season has started. 

Last season I was 10-4.  you'd think I'd be happy.  Nope. 

Not happy.

My goal, still, is to win my little race-to-100 division some day.  Would I like to this season?  Sure.  Will I?  Dunno.  Can't just win on wishing and hoping.  I gotta do something about it.  I gotta put forth some effort and not just hope I somehow miraculously win the division.  I gotta hit balls.  I gotta practice.  I gotta watch straight pool videos.

I need to be proactive.

It's all on my mind, but I'm not doing anything about it.

Ugh.

Then my friend Mike comes to the rescue!  He sent me a note today to check out his latest straight pool video.  He has a home table and can video tape his runs.  Much to my surprise, it's an instructional video!  It was his first attempt to run 50 balls while talking out loud through his shots and thinking process. 

And, I loved it!

He actually ran 84, and in only 30 minutes (wow!).  Thanks for the vid, Mike!  It will definitely help me start my 14.1 season off right!  I already have more confidence after watching it.  :)

http://vimeo.com/26411045

No comments: