Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BCAPL Vegas Preparations

As we all know by now from my blog, BCAPL 8 Ball Championships is one of my most fav tourneys for me.  :)


I literally, just now bought my plane ticket to Vegas!  I had to use AA miles because the prices were outrageous, but I am so excited I have my plane ticket purchased.  OMG, my heart rate is up!

And to top it off.... looking through the Newsletter for the event, I noticed an advertisement for an extra event this year: 9-Ball Open Singles.  They normally have the 9-Ball Challenge (a 9 ball event open to anyone (pros/amateurs/men/women) but this new event, 9-Ball Singles, is for BCAPL Open Level Players only and there is a separate women's division.  I love me some separate women's divisions for my skill level!  :)  I therefore pulled up my "on-hold" airline reservation and moved the date back one day so I could play in this event on Thursday, May 12th.  WOW!  Look at me taking risks!  hehe

I also noticed this advertised in the awesome newsletter:


First, the 14.1 High Run Challenge note on the right - is another new thing this year.  While I doubt I'll win any top prize with my measly runs, you bet I will be watching and learning!  What a great opportunity for me - my first event that has 14.1 Challenge associated with it!  I will be absorbing it all in like a big-ole knowledge-seeking newbie-sponge!

Second - TAR.  It's just not that TAR (theactionreport.com) will be there (I mean, the guys at TAR are awesome and I love helping commentate), but also what excites me is that the matches will be shown IN each Riviera hotel room!  I can't begin to express how cool it was to watch matches on tv from my lazy bed each day in the room for ten days (or more).  I could watch matches before heading down to the pro room to take pics, or watch matches while I was getting ready for my own tourneys.  It was pretty damn cool if you ask me!

No comments: