- Forget regret. That shot has been shot. Its the next shot that matters.
Obviously, there is little you can learn from doing nothing.
- What you get by reaching your destination is not nearly as important as what you will become by reaching your destination. - Zig Ziglar
- Make motivation a habit and you will get there more quickly and have more fun on the trip.- Zig Ziglar
- "Everything you ever accomplish in your life starts with your mind and your heart. The clearer you are about what you want to achieve, the quicker you will accomplish it."- Sheila O'Connor
- "Discipline is not habit, it is intelligence born from the desire to succeed."
- Always aim for achievement, and forget about success. - Helen Hayes, the actress
- Keep your head down and admire the shot. - Sev, from AZB forums
- Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them! -Zig Ziglar
- Practice may not necessarily turn you into a great player, but without it you don't even stand a chance. -Phil Capelle
- Pool is 90% mental....the other half is in your head!
- Play the table not your opponent.
- If you really want to be good at pool, don't play half a$$.
- Take what the table gives you.
- When playing safe, don't just try to hide the cueball, think of where the object ball is going as well as the cueball.
- If the safety is just as hard or harder than the shot, go for the shot.
- Some people pay to be a spectator in their own game.
- Being a great player has a great advantage.
- Whatever you do, make sure you get on the correct side of the object ball! - Diana Minor on 9-Ball
- Accelerate through the cueball on ever shot - Rodney Morris
- All the shape in the world will do you no good if you don't make the damn shot...
- Just like golf...play it where it lies.
- When you're in a game you do what you must to win. When you practice you strive for PERFECTION. - Sailor of Racine
- Everyone is a shot maker ..that's where you start to Learn; it always stays with you. Learn the cueball. Pool is one thing - it's the cueball. The other 15 balls are objects you play with while playing pool with the cue ball.
- Learn how to separate yourself from mental and physical distraction.
- Be still.
- "My best advice to you is make sure you still have fun." - John Drew Hager
- The 5 most important words in pool are STAY DOWN AND FOLLOW THRU. - Mike Stephens (Great bar room player)
- "You know what really surprises me is how many people don't watch the ball hit the pocket. If it don't hit the pocket why does it matter where the cue ball is going. You have to follow through with your eyes"! - Danny Medina
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Thought Provoking Reminders/Quotes
I will update this frequently as I come across quotes that touch me: