Monday, January 19, 2009

I Didn't Notice, Like You Think I Would Have

I went to a Fast Eddie's Tour tournament over the weekend in Houston. Friday night I played one pocket for a few hours (played REAL bad). Ordered a pizza (wow that was good) and then showed up Saturday morning to help with the Open tournament. As I drove up that morning, there are all these people standing outside. I think to myself, "are they even open yet?"

Turns out, the reason so many people were outside was that smoking is now banned inside pool rooms in Houston.

How could I NOT notice that Friday night? How could I NOT notice that my clothes and hair didn't smell like smoke Friday night when I got to the room? How could I NOT notice as I was eating that pizza with players all around me?

If it gets REAL smokey, I will definitely notice and even complain. But if there isn't smoke, I obviously don't notice right away.

After I figured out that indeed smoking is no longer allowed in the pool room, I was excited and savoring and enjoying the cleaner air.

I guess I just really thought that would be something I would notice since I don't smoke. Interesting....

1 comment:

R Riley said...

Dorkus... smoking has been banned in Houston for over a year now! But Fast Eddies establishments were trying to get away with still allowing people to smoke till they started getting fines... HA! I for one am thankful and whenever I have to go to a pool hall outside of the city limits I cringe!