Monday, November 17, 2008

League is Surprising Me

I guess I better bite my tongue - I have enjoyed league this season! I really like my B league - guess because I have more of a chance to possibly do well in the rankings - LOL! There are still some A's and many tough B+ players, but it's still been a lot of fun. I have been carpooling with a few team mates and that has been a lot of fun as well. I have made a little goal to try to get in the top ten in this league - it's gonna be tough to do, but it is a "do-able" goal!

The last time we played, we played the number one team and we lost by one game, but most of the guys on the other team were not rude and even complimentary if we would win a game against their teammates -they were genuinely happy if we made a good run. It was a nice change!

On the A/Master league I am on, I enjoy carpooling with fellow board member Julie (of the OB Cues Ladies Tour) and also enjoy meeting up with friends in this league too, but the competition is very tough so I watch and learn a lot, LOL! I need to step up my game in this league and play really, really smart. These are the type of players you can't leave any shot because they can get out with nice break outs, excellent shot making, and tough runs.

I have a little competition thing going on with two teammates on the B team and we try to out do each other to see who gets the higher score that night. I'm also now competing with a friend of mine from Austin but he doesn't know it. ;) But, we share our stats and now I am trying to out-score him.

I need a little goal for the A/Master league but I am not sure what it would be right now. hmm...

Either way, I am enjoying league this season!!

2 comments:

Don Juan said...

you and I can have a competition in the A/Master league to make sure you play your very best. :o)

Melinda said...

That wouldn't even be a contest - Umm... you're too good, Juan!!