Saturday, September 12, 2015

Share Your Experiences

As I have been debating this whole "quitting pool" thing in my blog, you may recall that I said this back in August:

The loudest thing I'm hearing that is making me second guess this is this one fact:  "After you step away, your game is never as good as it was if you come back."

I found it ironic that the person who told me this one night at league, read my blog later on, and then told me this a couple of weeks later:

"I felt bad I didn't let you experience that on your own.  I shouldn't have said anything and just supported your decision, and let you find that out later down the line."

Yet, that type of advice is the BEST advice because he already HAD been through it.  And that's what he experienced - his game was never the same.  And he was sharing with me that I may not like that aspect of coming back - that my talent will not be like it was.

Therefore, I think it would have been a disservice had he NOT shared that with me.

Again, that's the main thing making me reconsider and possibly playing in at least one league to keep up my game.

And, this is the best part about life:  sharing what we have learned to help others.

So, THANK YOU for sharing with me that it was difficult playing again after you took a break, because your game goes down.  I appreciated that info.


No comments: