Friday, April 4, 2014

Asking Questions Leads to Angst

It's amazing to me how much I rub people the wrong way sometimes.  I don't mean to, but it happens.  

Before starting in the scotch doubles tourney, I looked at the brackets and noticed that none of the "Advanced" teams were noted.

Last couple of years, an open player could play with an Advanced player, but they would just go one extra game.  Which is cool to let them play!

But since both my partner and I are Open players, I admit I didn't want to play an Advanced team even, lol.

So, of course I asked about it.

And they changed the races for the players who had an Advanced player.  And of course those teams weren't very happy with me. :(

I tried not to let it get to me, even though I could over hear a few players complaining they had to go one extra game.  I figure if I didn't ask, someone else would have eventually.  Right?  

Well, I hope so.



No comments: