Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Similar Cues

I heard this awesome rumor about one of the one pocket players at one of the pool rooms I go to.  I told him I wanted to showcase his story on my blog.  The catch was... I needed to somehow figure out to show up when he had both his two cues with him.

I know, many people have more than one cue.  So, what's the big deal?

Well, how many have two cues like THIS?

He bought a Szamboti in 1978.  If you don't know what a Szamboti is, let's just say it's one of the most expensive and yearned-for cues by collectors and pool generations of its time.

After he bough the cue in 1978, he then bought Schon in 1987.

BUT!

He had the same exact inlays of the Szamboti put into in the butt sleeve and the forearm of the Schon.  He even put the inlays in himself.

So, the cues look very similar!

He uses both, but you never really know which one he's using that day when he spars in his one pocket games (unless you know what to look for).

Check out the pics of the two cues:  Pretty darn cool!

(click on images to enlarge)





No comments: