Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wow, Free Pool!

I went to a little hang-out last Saturday that I have been going to now for a few months about twice or more a month.  I go there to socialize with friends, relax, and have fun.

Vino's, as you might imagine with the name like that, reminds you of an Italian restaurant, right?  And guess what?  It is!  But, it's not just a restaurant with a full menu, it also has a full bar, a decent sized dance floor, karaoke every night, a separate room with it's own jukebox and pool tables (4-6 bar tables), and an area with adult video games (golf game, cherry masters, etc).

the pool tables

It's a very friendly bar and I consider it my Cheers because I have been very welcomed every time I go there.

Well, on Saturday night I ventured in the pool room area to watch my friends play some pool.  I had been in there a few other times, but not enough quality time was spent for me to really check out the place.  I all of a sudden noticed this on the wall:

(click on the picture to enlarge)

WTH?  I looked closer, grabbed my camera, took this pic.  Really?  FREE Pool on the coin tables?  WOW!  I haven't ever (and I mean EVER) seen a place that gives free pool to it's patrons if you buy food or drinks anytime of the day or night.

Sure, we've all seen specials like this, but this is a sign that remains on the wall all the time.  It's like a never-ending pool special! 

How freaking cool is that?

I'm still in shock as I write this!

I know many-a pool rooms that make quite a bit of money with coin tables, so this is a surprise to me.  It's also a surprise because it shows Vino's loves it's patrons.  After all, it is a place where everyone knows your name.  :)

1 comment:

Robert Russo said...

There's a place in Baton Rouge, Louisiana that gives free pool on their 8' tables from 11am to 3pm on weekdays as long as you eat or drink something.

They have about a dozen tables.

It's card the Fox and the Hound.