Friday, April 10, 2009

Child Support

As you were browsing through the photos I took at the NSC 8-Ball Championships held by CSI, you probably noticed at the top of page 4 these two photos (cropped and lightened for this blog entry):

As you saw them, you might have thought to yourself, "WTF?"

Jason Bacon from the Houston, Texas-area earned a spot in the NCS 8-Ball Championship held over Valentine's Day weekend in Las Vegas. I ran into Jason and his girlfriend, Courtney, after his first match. He was excited he had just won and and then showed me this little Lego guy above with the pool table and pool cue.

Jason says, "check out what my son gave me right before I came here. He told me he made it for me for good luck in this tournament." As Jason showed me the hand-crafted, thoughtful gift from his son, Jackson, I immediately grabbed my camera to snap photos of it. Courtney and I both agreed one with a female pool player would be cool for us as well. :)

Good-luck charms from the heart are awesome, aren't they?

Jason played really well against the top players from across the U.S. and placed an impressive 9th in this tournament!

P.S. Jackson, Jason's son, had cancer when he was little and the Ladies Tour surprised him with toys during one of our events in 2005. I think the ladies were more excited than he was - to see his excitement and pure joy after he opened his gifts/toys made our weekend!

No comments: